Vanshlochan Bamboo Manna is effective in debility, impotence, male sexual disorders, cough, asthma, bronchitis, burning sensations, diseases of the blood, tuberculosis, leprosy and fever. It is added in composition of numerous compound prescriptions used for affections of the lungs. Vanshlochan is astringent, sweet in taste (rasa), sweet after digestion (Vipaka), and is cool in effect (Virya). It is a Sheet Virya herbs. Sheet Virya or Cool potency herb, it subdues Pitta (Bile) Vata (Wind), gives nourishment to body and steadiness. It supports building of body fluids.
1. The powder of Vanshlochan is taken in dose of half to two grams. Children (above the age of 5) are given half of the adult dosage.
2. Vanshlochan is high in minerals, which in excess may produce side-effects.
3. The quality and chemical composition varies depending on various factors.
1. It contains micronutrients essential for body.
2. It is a tonic and improves overall health.
3. It removes obstruction from mind, lungs and heart.
4. It improves body immunity.
5. It is diuretic and cleanses urinary system.
6. It cures brittle nails, hairs and skin disorders.
7. It gives relief in disorders of the chest or respiratory tract.
8. It has expectorant action. It increases the bronchial secretion and enhance the expulsion of mucus by air passages of the lungs.
9. It helps to gain weight.
10. It is good aphrodisiac and stimulates sexual desire.
11. It strengthens nerves and muscles.
12. It increases potency and fertility.
13. It is carminative and relieves flatulence.
14. It is used to treat weakness, impotence, urinary infections, chest diseases, cough, asthma and Alzheimers.
15. Since it is rich in organic Silica, it strengthens bones, muscles, tendons and nerves.
16. Its intake helps faster healing of fractured bones.
17. It is effective remineralizing agent.
18. It shows beneficial effects in chronic inflammatory conditions, rheumatoid arthritis, osteoarthritis, painful joints, osteoporosis, and low bone density.